Become a Building Accessibility Excellence Assessor
People Access, a division of Excellence Canada, is proud to offer the Building Accessibility Excellence Assessor Certificate Program. This valuable certificate program equips individuals with the necessary tools and knowledge to perform the highest quality facility audits based upon best practices in creating accessible built environments for people with disabilities.
Program graduates are certified by Excellence Canada as Building Accessibility Excellence Assessors (BAEA), attesting to a professional and consistent approach to building audits by following the Excellence Canada methodology.
- Understand background and emerging standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and how they affect the built environment
- Consider various disability types and the barriers that exist
- Appreciate the relationship between customer service delivery and built environment elements
- Prepare for the evaluation of accessibility in facilities and how to provide meaningful recommendations to improve accessibility
- Practice accessibility assessment processes
- Work toward assessor certification
- Identification of gaps and barriers for accessibility planning purposes
- Capacity building and marketability
- Integration with capital planning and operating budgets
- Access funding for retrofit projects
- Architectural / New/Retrofit/Upgrades – construction design
Minimum prerequisites include an understanding of the Ontario Building Code and a working knowledge of building sciences.
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for the management of commercial and residential buildings for the general public, office personnel, and tenants; individuals responsible for accommodating individuals with disabilities; engineers, architects, and building sciences professionals desiring to widen their practice to include accessibility credentials.
Join our growing force of experts and grow your own expertise.
If you would like to apply:
1. you must complete the application form (click link below) and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once accepted into the program, you will be directed to register at: BAEA Building Accessibility Excellence Assessor Certification Program (BE20)